Workshop proceedings will be published in the Springer LNAI series.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their
articles to a dedicated special issue of the journal Neural Processing
Letters, guest-edited by the ANNPR2016 Chairs and titled “Off the mainstream: advances in neural networks and machine learning for pattern recognition”
Papers are solicited dealing with neural networks, machine learning and pattern recognition which emphasize methodological issues possibly arising in applications.
– Supervised learning
– Unsupervised learning
– Combination of supervised and unsupervised learning
– Feedforward, recurrent, and competitive neural nets
– Hierarchical modular architectures and hybrid systems
– Combination of neural networks and Hidden Markov models
– Multiple classifier systems and ensemble methods
– Probabilistic graphical models
– Kernel methods
– Deep architectures
Applications in Pattern Recognition
– Image processing and segmentation
– Sensor-fusion and multi-modal processing
– Feature extraction, dimension reduction
– Clustering and vector quantization
– Speech and speaker recognition
– Data, text, and web mining
Potential participants should submit a paper describing their work in one of the areas described above. Instructions for authors, LaTeX templates, etc. are available at the Springer LNCS/LNAI web-site. Submission of a paper constitutes a commitment that, if accepted, one or more authors will attend the workshop. On-line submission via EasyChair will be made available on this web-site timely.